Thursday, July 30, 2009

My hair is dyed med brown - after 6-8 wks, it has red tones.. What can I do so I don't have 2 d

The dye that I use, is one that is supposed to minimize red/orange tones and it does when I first dye it. But after the 6-8 weeks, it starts looking red and I HATE the red in my hair. Is there something I can do to minimize the red so i don't have to keep up dying it every 6 weeks so I don't damage my hair?



The hair dye I use is Loreal Preference... is there something more natural that will last longer and not produce the red... or a product I can use to help out with this?



My hair is dyed med brown - after 6-8 wks, it has red tones.. What can I do so I don't have 2 dye evry 6 wks?

Use a better (more expensive) hair dye, there are some around that actually do speciallise for hair that fades like yours does. Take a look in superdrug and whatever the price is of the one you get use a dearer one as it will last longer, but if you cant find one that lasts as long, use a darker shade of the colour you want as when it does start to fade it will go the colour you originally dye it now, and you'll have to spend no more in buying fancy sun protecting stuff or expensive hair dyes that might not work so yeah just try a darker shade. Good luck with that xxx



My hair is dyed med brown - after 6-8 wks, it has red tones.. What can I do so I don't have 2 dye evry 6 wks?

The sun brings out these tones in your hair. Use a sun screen specially developed for your hair. You can find these products at Wal-mart or the salon.



Note: SPF products that have to be rinsed out such as shampoo and conditioners offer very little protection from the sun. Find a leave in product and wear a hat for ultimate protection.



My hair is dyed med brown - after 6-8 wks, it has red tones.. What can I do so I don't have 2 dye evry 6 wks?

OK, first, if you have well water there is not much you can do. The iron count in the water is what is coloring your hair. If you are naturally brown, you are pulling out the the natural red. In that case you could go to a salon and have a seal put in your hair but that will cost from $15-$20 depending where you live. If you have lighter hair try putting a little more ash tones in the color. Store bought or box colors as they are known in the salons are not of the same strength as the professional colors you will get at a salon. If it were that easy beauticians would not have to go to 1500 hours of training and be required to be licensed. I hope this helps. Good question though, I give you a star.

No comments:

Post a Comment